Thursday 5 March 2015

Amazing Abseil by Ben


On Thursday, our 2nd last day at Benmore, group 3 went abseiling.   It was in the afternoon. 

 

 First we had lunch and then our instructor told us to meet him in the backyard.   We got ready.   All of us were very excited.  We got a helmet, belay ropes and a carabiner.

 

We walked to a climbing building and then we started to abseil down the rock.   I was really scared but it was nothing like the 50 ft rock.  They told us how to go down.   After a couple of minutes, we walked up to quarry.   We walked up to the rock and we got ready to go down.   I was fourth to go down.

 

Then it was time for me to go ...

 

 

When I went he told me to stick my bum out.   Near the bottom, there was a really hard bit to go down.   It wasn't flat it was bumpy.   When I got down, my other instructor said, "well done!!"

Despite being scared, I still did it.

 

At the bottom, we tried to skim stones on the floor.   The best I got was 5 then when everyone got down we had to climb up to the top of the rock.   Whilst waiting to climb, we went up a tree when it was our turn we got clipped up to the ropes and started to climb.   There was a really hard bit to climb but we did it.  When we made to the top, we started off abseiling down.   I jumped down when we were ready to go.

 

 

When we were ready to walk home, I jumped over a cattle bridge and smacked my leg on a metal pole, pulled my muscle and cut my leg and got big bruise.   But luckily, it was cake o clock and I was happy.   Today was the best last day at Benmore.      

No comments:

Post a Comment