Thursday 5 March 2015

Climbing And Abseiling by Isla


On Wednesday morning I was going Climbing and abseiling with group 2.   I was really looking forward to it as my friend was too.  I have never been abseiling before but have done climbing before.   My Instructor, Scott, said to meet in the field study room in about 10 minutes so he could tell us what we have to wear and bring.

 

After we had met Scott, I went up to my dorm with my friend Laiba who was in my group and did everything he told us to do.   I came back down ready to go.   This is what we needed: socks, trousers, gloves thin, trainers you don't mind getting muddy, a jumper and a coat.

 

Soon we were off, walking to the cliff called the Quarry.   It took about 10 minutes to get there.

 

Here we were at the Quarry ready to climb and abseil.  First he told us to put our helmets on.   Scott and the other Instructor Jo went up first so they could throw the harness down to us.   A few people went before me but finally it was my shot.   So I got the harness from Scott and up I went.

 

 I got to this really hard bit and I was stuck there for about 1 minute but then I managed to do the rest of it. After pushing on again, I got to the top.  Taking off my harness, I sat down on the rock.  The other people came up and then he said we are going to do abseiling now.  I was so nervous but I really wanted to do it.

 

We got to the place were you abseil I went 3rd. I was  hooked on and then I leaned back so my hips were in line with my shoulders then he said,  "walk down".

 

I walked down the cliff.  Soon it got to this really deep bit but he just said to keep going.   I wasn't going to stop anyway.   It was so fun I just wanted to do it again and again.   Finally I got to the bottom of the cliff were I took off my harness and put the rope back up to Scott and Jo.   I waited till everyone had done it, everyone enjoyed it.

 

Later, Scott and Jo came down and asked us, "did you enjoy that everyone?"

 

"YES!" we all yelled. 


 

We started to walk back to the Benmore Centre.  We all started to talk and talk about abseiling because it was so fun.  I had had a great day.  HA HA HA !

No comments:

Post a Comment