Thursday 5 March 2015

The Forest Walk by Maia


On Wednesday, Paul  told us that we were going to do the forest walk!  We had to wear our waterproofs and wellies because it was really muddy and wet there.  But we did get to walk under bridges and run around in streams.

 

We walked and walked for what seemed like forever as Paul told us about the plants and trees.

 

About half way, we stopped for hot chocolate and we played hide and seek. You were only allowed to hide within 100 steps of the bench.  I hid in between the baby pine trees because people thought it was too spiny for anyone to hide in.  I eventually came out ( due to boredom) and helped Jane find the others.  Tom hid in a small cave; him Toby and Luke found and it took Tom about 10 minutes to get back.

 

Near the end of the walk, Elizabeth had an idea that we could do a night walk in the day.   We all thought it was a great idea.

 

The night day walk was fun but hard ( and it was suppose to be done at night!!). We ended up splitting into two by accident.  It was very long and very very muddy.   When I finished both my wellies and the bottom of my trouser leg were sodden with mud.

 

Me and Lena were the third pair to get back.  When we did, I started to wash my  wellies and my trousers in the stream.  When I finished I was very wet but clean.

 

When Jane and Amalie finally got back and tried to wash their boots the water was so full of mud I could just about see the bottom of the shallow pool  I was washing my boots in.

 

We had to wait for about five minutes for new water to come in and the old muddy water to drain out.

 

When we finally finished washing our boots, we were so wet we looked like we had just been on the gorge walk ( well the bottom half of us anyway).       

No comments:

Post a Comment