Thursday 5 March 2015

Gorge Walking by Chiara

On Wednesday morning, group 9 went gorge walking. We met our

instructor (Scrutts) in the staff dorm. After we got our waterproofs on,

we went to the back yard and got our helmets and ropes. We then went

on the minibus. There was lots of singing and dancing. After a while,

we arrived at the start of the gorge.

We saw another group coming down, it was group 5. They told us we

would get soaked, and we were like, " no we are so not afraid of getting

wet it's just water" (laugh).

We then went up this really steep and slippy rock and it was quite hard

but we all made it up.

😄😃😀😄😃😃 Even Mrs Walker made it up!!!

And she got up quite quick. Next we had to go through the Elephant's

trunk. It was fallen down trees and you had to go over and under

them. The funny thing about that is that I slipped on a tree and got a

humungous bruise. It was not that sore though it was really funny and

everyone laughed at me but they weren't laughing at me, it was

because of the face I made when I fell apparently it was hilarious

😆😆

😆😆

.

Then we got to a tricky bit where you had to do the splits across the

water. Me and Lewis were the only ones who took the wet way, but

Lewis was going to go the dry way but then he fell in and it was

sooooooo funny. Once we got across, we had to stand on this really

thin rock. We then got to go in really deep water and everyone went

across the log and I was helping everyone by standing in the middle and

helping them across. After that, we got to this really other slippy log

and we had to either go up the log or go up the key hole. I went up the

key hole and it was quite tricky but I made it! There were only a few

people in our group that went up it. I was first, and then after we got

up, we got hot Ribena to drink.

Further up, there was a water slide. I went down it and I was first for

that too. I went 4 times down it and it was so so so so so so so so fun

but not everyone went on that either, but I loved it! This was my most

favourite thing on the gorge walk. BThere was another log, but by this

time we were like ice cubes so we walked along the log and got soaked

but Scrutts said if we walked along it and rubbed our noses on it we

would have good luck and it was just to get us to go along it!! Me and

Lewis fell in and it was really deep and I rubbed my nose against it but

Scrutts just told us to do that because he wanted us all to do it. We

then got to the Rock of Africa, I was first and it was so much fun, it was

really slippy and everyone made it up.

After an amazing day, we went back to the centre for Cake o'clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment